· 1 garlic clove
· 50 g lemon juice
· 90 g extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp sumac, plus extra to serve
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 9 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
· 9 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
· 400 g cauliflower, cut into florets (approx. 3 cm)
· 145 g red onion, cut into quarters
· 100 g carrot, cut into pieces (approx. 3 cm)
· 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into small cubes (approx. 1 cm)
· 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into small cubes (approx. 1 cm)
· 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (approx. 230 g after draining)
· 200 g fresh tomatoes, cut into pieces (approx. 1-2 cm)
· salt, to season
· ground black pepper, to season
· 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
1 Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2 Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Do not clean mixing bowl.
3 Place mint and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4 Add cauliflower and chop 5 sec//speed 5. Transfer into a large serving bowl and set aside.
5 Place onion and carrot into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 4. Transfer into large bowl with cauliflower.
6 Add fennel and cucumbers to cauliflower. Place serving bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh in chickpeas and tomatoes. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside for 10 minutes for flavours to infuse. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and extra sumac before serving.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.