· 20 – 40 g chilli powder
· 1¼ tbsp garlic powder
· 1¼ tbsp onion powder
· 1¼ tbsp dried oregano
· 2 tbsp paprika
· 2 tbsp cumin seeds
· 1 tbsp sea salt
· 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes, (optional – see Tips)
· 1 tbsp black peppercorns (optional – see Tips)
· 2 – 3 ripe tomatoes (approx. 250 g), cut into quarters
· 1 jalapeño chilli, trimmed and cut into halves (optional)
· ¼ red onion (approx. 80 g)
· 1 tbsp lime juice
· ½ tsp salt
Turkey salad bowl
· olive oil, for frying
· 500 g turkey mince
· 200 g canned corn kernels, rinsed and drained
· 400 g canned black beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
· 40 g grated cheddar cheese
· ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
· 1 avocado, flesh only, cut into thin slices
· fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
1 Place all seasoning ingredients into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 10, until a fine powder. Transfer into a sealable container and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
2 Place all salsa ingredients into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a sealable container and place into refrigerator until ready to serve.
Turkey Salad Bowl
3 Place a frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Add mince and 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved Taco seasoning and fry for approx. 5 minutes or until cooked.
4 Divide turkey, corn, black beans, cheese, lettuce, avocado and reserved Salsa between bowls and serve (see Tips).
· For a milder Taco seasoning, omit or reduce the amount of dried chilli flakes and/or peppercorns.
· You can store the Taco seasoning in the pantry for up to 6 months.
· The cooked mince and corn can be placed into freezable containers and frozen. Simply thaw and add remaining ingredients. Perfect for quick, easy lunches!
· Add some cooked brown rice for a fibre-rich dish.
· To grate your own cheddar cheese, grate 10-15 sec/speed 5.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.