· ½ – 1 long red chilli, deseeded if preferred
· 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 spring onion/shallot, trimmed and cut into halves
· 2 sprigs fresh coriander, stems and leaves
· 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
· 2 tsp honey
· 1 tbsp soy sauce
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· ¼ tsp Szechuan peppercorns
· ½ tsp Chinese five spice
· 60 g raw cashews
· 1 pinch salt
· 500 g water
· 4 fresh salmon fillets (approx. 500-600 g total – see Tips)
· 150 g zucchini, cut into batons (1 x 7 cm)
· 1 bunch broccolini (approx.150 g), trimmed and cut into halves
· 150 g bok choy, cut into thirds
1 Place chilli, ginger, garlic, spring onion/shallot and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2 Add lemon or lime juice, honey and soy sauce and mix 10 sec/speed 2. Transfer sauce into a bowl and set aside.
3 Without cleaning mixing bowl, place olive oil, Szechuan peppercorns, Chinese five spice, cashews and salt into mixing bowl and sauté 4 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer cashews into a bowl and set aside.
4 Without cleaning mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and place 1 salmon fillet into Varoma dish and 3 salmon fillets onto Varoma tray. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved ginger sauce over salmon. Arrange zucchini and broccolini around salmon in Varoma dish, then secure Varoma lid and steam 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
5 Arrange bok choy around salmon and other vegetables in Varoma dish, then secure Varoma lid and steam 5-7 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until salmon and vegetables are cooked to your liking.
6 Drizzle remaining ginger sauce over salmon and greens, then sprinkle with spiced cashews to serve.
· For thick salmon fillets, you may need to cook 3-4 minutes before adding any vegetables, then proceed as per recipe (step 4).
· Serve with jasmine rice, brown rice or even vermicelli noodles.
· Szechuan peppercorns can be found in spice shops, Asian food stores and online.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.