· butter, for greasing
· 250 g fresh raspberries (see Tip)
· 150 g raw sugar
· 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
· 120 g lemon juice
· 4 eggs
· 2 egg yolks
· 200 g pouring (whipping) cream
· 40 g polenta
· 1-2 tbsp icing sugar, to dust (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a deep-sided flan dish (24 cm). Scatter raspberries over base of dish and set aside.
2 Place sugar and lemon zest into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides and bottom of mixing bowl with spatula.
3 Add lemon juice, eggs and egg yolks and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
4 Add cream and polenta and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Pour batter over raspberries and bake for 40-50 minutes (160°C) or until set in the middle. Serve dusted with icing sugar (optional).
· If raspberries aren’t in season, you can use any other seasonal berry, such as mulberries or blueberries. Alternatively, you can use thawed frozen berries (pat dry before using), but the colour may bleed into flan.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
This recipe is featured in our upcoming cookbook Simply Delicious, Family meals for under $5 a serve. Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when Simply Delicious is available at TheMix Shop.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.