1 h plus baking
4 small pizzas or 2 large pizzas
· 30 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
· 220 g lukewarm water
· 1 tsp sugar
· 20 g fresh yeast (crumbled) or 2 tsp dried instant yeast
· 400 g baker’s flour
· 1 tsp salt
1 Lightly grease a large bowl with oil and set aside. Place water, sugar and yeast into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 2.
2 Add baker’s flour, oil and salt and knead 2 min/. Transfer dough into prepared bowl and shape into a ball. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour). Use as needed (see Tips).
· To prevent the plastic wrap from sticking to the proving dough, lightly grease it with oil.
· Use dough to make 2 large rectangular pizzas or 4 smaller round pizzas.
· To shape pizzas, place dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper or greased with oil. Press out dough with your finger tips from the center to the edges, and gently stretch it into shape. Alternatively, you can roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface and transfer it onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
· Spread desired toppings over pizza bases and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven (230°C).
· large bowl
· plastic wrap
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.