1 h 15 min
· 30 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
· 220 g lukewarm water
· 1 tsp sugar (optional)
· 20 g fresh yeast, crumbled or 2 tsp dried instant yeast
· 400 g baker’s flour
· 1 tsp salt
· 50 g brown onion, cut into quarters
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1 tomato, cut into quarters and deseeded
· 200 g tomato paste
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 3 sprigs fresh chives, cut into
· 1 garlic clove
· 120 g raw cashews
· 150 g water
· 1 tsp sea salt
· 60 g brown onion
· 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
Peri peri chicken
· 1 tbsp sea salt
· ½ cinnamon quill
· 15 cardamom pods
· 2 tsp ground ginger
· 2 tbsp paprika
· 2 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
· 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
· 2 tbsp garlic powder
· 2 tbsp dried oregano
· 200 g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (3-4 cm)
· 500 g water, for steaming
· ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Lightly grease a large bowl with oil and set aside. Place water, sugar (optional) and yeast into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 2.
2 Add baker’s flour, oil and salt and knead 2 min/. Transfer dough into prepared bowl and shape into a ball. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour). Clean and dry mixing bowl. Meanwhile, proceed with recipe.
3 Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4 Add tomato, tomato paste and oregano and blend 5 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
5 Place chives and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
6 Place all remaining cashew cream ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
7 Cook 5 min/90°C/speed 3, then blend 30 sec/speed 9, until smooth.
8 Add reserved chive mixture and stir 5 sec/speed 3.
9 Transfer into a bowl or sealable container, allow to cool to room temperature, then place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Peri peri chicken
10 Place all ingredients, except chicken, into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 10 (see Tips). Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
11 Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, place chicken into Varoma dish and sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons of the peri peri seasoning. Secure Varoma lid and steam 15-20 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken onto a plate and set aside to cool slightly. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
12 Place chicken into mixing bowl and shred 2-3 sec//speed 5.
13 Preheat oven to 220⁰C. Line a baking tray or pizza tray with baking paper. Place dough onto baking tray and press it out with your fingertips from the centre to the edges, gently stretching it into shape. Alternatively, you can roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface and transfer it to the baking tray.
14 Spread dough with pizza sauce, shredded chicken and red onion. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden. Drizzle with cashew cream before serving.
· This pizza dough recipe makes 2 large pizzas or 4 smaller pizzas. To make 2 large pizzas, simply increase the amount of chicken used to 400 g (adjust steaming time as needed). This recipe makes enough pizza sauce, cashew cream and peri peri seasoning for several pizzas.
· We recommend making the peri peri spice mix in a well-ventilated area.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.