1 hr 30 min
Makes 1130 g
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1200 g brown onion (approx. 8), cut into quarters
· 100 g brown sugar
· 200 g dry white wine
· 80 g verjuice
· 4 tsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
· 1 tsp ground black pepper
· 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
· 1 tsp sea salt
1 Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 50 min/100°C/speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
2 Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then cook for a further 20-30 min/100°C/speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid, until most of the liquid has reduced.
3 Transfer into a sealable storage container, then allow to cool to room temperature before serving or transferring into refrigerator until ready to serve.
· Transfer caramelised onion jam into sealable storage jars and give as lovely gifts to friends and family.
· To make a smaller amount of jam, you can reduce all jam ingredient quantities by half and cook for a total 45 min/100°C/speed 1.5 in steps 1 & 2.
· Sealable container
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.