Approx. 800 g
· 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
· 1 garlic clove
· ¼ tsp ground black pepper
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 450 g drained canned beetroot
· 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
· 2 tbsp black tahini
· 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
· ¼ tsp salt, to taste
· sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
· crumbled feta, to serve
· micro herbs, to serve (optional)
1 Place 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic, pepper and cumin into mixing bowl and cook 3 min/Varoma/speed 1, without measuring cup.
2 Add beetroot, chickpeas, tahini, balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon oil into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 7 until smooth or to desired consistency.
3 Spread over slices of toasted sourdough, drizzle with extra olive oil and garnish with crumbled feta and micro herbs (optional) to serve.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.