1 total recipe (approx. 200 g)
· 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves only
· 1 spring onion/shallot, trimmed and cut into pieces
· ½ tsp black peppercorns
· 1 – 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, to taste
· 2 tbsp dry white wine
· 3 egg yolks
· 1 pinch salt, to taste
· 150 g unsalted butter, cut into cubes and softened
1 Place tarragon, spring onion/shallot and peppercorns into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2 Insert butterfly whisk. Add vinegar, wine, egg yolks, salt and butter and heat 4-5 min/80°C/speed 1. Sauce will thicken and emulsify during cooking. Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer into a jug and serve immediately (see Tips).
· Transfer béarnaise from the mixing bowl to a jug or serving plates immediately after cooking to prevent splitting.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.