· 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
· 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled (optional)
· 100 g brown onion
· 40 g olive oil
· 100 g carrot, cut into pieces
· 120 g red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces
· 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes (3 cm)
· 400 g canned apricot nectar
· 300 g water
· 1½ tbsp Chicken stock paste (see Tip)
· 300 g Arborio rice
· 80 g frozen green peas, to taste
· 1-2 pinches salt, to taste
· 1-2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
1 Place thyme, parsley, garlic, ginger (optional) and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2 Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
3 Add carrot and capsicum and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4 Insert butterfly whisk. Add chicken, apricot nectar, water, stock paste and rice and cook 17 min/100°C//speed 1. Remove butterfly whisk.
5 Add peas and season with salt and pepper, then cook 4 min/100°C//speed 1. Transfer into a ThermoServer or other large bowl and cover to keep warm. Rest for approx. 5 minutes before serving.
· Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Chicken stock paste recipe.
Click here for the PDF version of this recipe.
This recipe is featured in our cookbook Simply Delicious, Family meals for under $5 a serve. Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when Simply Delicious is available at TheMix Shop.
Please visit thermomixfacts.com.au for information on how to enjoy using your Thermomix safely.