Thermomix ® has many built-in safety features including:
- An electronic motor protection which prevents the motor from overloading, and includes an automatic cut out.
- The mixing bowl lid is secured by an automatic lid locking mechanism. The appliance will not function if the lid is not properly locked.
- The Thermomix ® spatula’s safety shield prevents it from making contact with the blades when the spatula is inserted through the hole in the mixing bowl lid.
- A beeping tone will sound at the end of the set cooking time to alert you that cooking is done. If a timed function has included heating, at the end of cooking, the speed will drop to a slow stir speed for eight seconds unless stopped earlier.
- Warnings are visible on the colour touch-screen display.
- Selecting the transportation mode locks the mixing bowl into place, allowing for safe transport when travelling.
- A four-digit safety code can be set up, to prevent children or unauthorised users from turning the Thermomix ® on.