You may have heard the Thermomix Blade cover is now available in Poland and Italy (and soon other European countries).
You too will have the opportunity to get your hands on this handy new accessory when it makes its way to Australia and New Zealand later this year. In the meantime, here is a little bit about the new Blade cover and how it will help to make it easier for you to slow cook and sous vide.
What is the Blade cover?
It is a handy new accessory that you will be able to purchase for your TM6 or your TM5 later this year. It is especially useful when using Slow Cook and Sous Vide modes on the TM6.
What’s the Blade cover good for?
- It is best used while cooking with the Slow Cook and Sous Vide modes on the TM6. These modes allow for longer cooking in your Thermomix and by covering the blades without preventing stirring – heat can be distributed evenly and allows for gentle cooking.
- The Blade cover protects softer ingredients from the mixing knife blades and it also prevents the sous vide bags from making contact with the moving blades of the mixing knife.
- Using the Blade cover gives you a larger volume to utilise for sous vide bags, compared with using the TM6 simmering basket.
- The Blade cover is also perfect to use when cooking smaller or individual food portions– as you’ll use less liquid than cooking with the simmering basket or Varoma.
What kinds of recipes will I be able to cook in my Thermomix with the new Blade cover?
Here are just a few examples:
- Poach salmon or sous vide steak – without risk of the sous vide bag coming into contact with the mixing knife blades.
- Poach quenelles, patties, and meatballs above the blade cover, in liquid or broth.
- Cook pre-cooked pulses and legumes without over-processing the ingredients such as in a curry sauce or chilli tomato paste.
- And so much more…
We’re currently working on collections for Cookidoo using the Blade cover and we will share more information as soon as it becomes available.