Your privacy and the security of your personal information are very important to us. We want you to be as comfortable as possible visiting our website.
Thermomix in Australia is committed to ensuring that your personal information is professionally managed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and all relevant State legislation (Privacy Legislation). The Privacy Act 1988 contains the National Privacy Principles which, in conjunction with other Privacy Legislation, sets the standards for the way in which private organisations, such as Thermomix in Australia, handle personal information. For further information about the Privacy Legislation, please go to http://www.comlaw.gov.au
In this policy where we refer to:
- “Thermomix in Australia”, “we”, “us”, and “our” means Thermomix in Australia Pty Ltd ACN 069 944 930 of Suite 3, 5 Stretton Place, Balcatta, Western Australia.
- personal information”, this means information which identifies an individual or from which an individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained; and
- “you” or “your”, this means the registered and unregistered users of our Website.
If you have questions about data protection or would like to receive information about your personal data that is held by us, please contact us at [email protected].
1. What information about you is collected on our Website?
We collect two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information and non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: is information from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained and includes personal information under applicable Privacy Legislation such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, birth date (primarily for eligibility purposes); and
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (age, profession or gender), food habits, Thermomix model, information identifying you as an employee of Thermomix, username, password, server IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website.
2. To enable us to generate access statistics, we store the following Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you access our Website:
- Details about your browser and operating system;
- The URL of the page that you access;
- The referrer (the URL of the previous site that referred you to the current page);
- The date and time of access
- This data is stored in so-called server log files and is used for the statistical evaluation of accesses to the website. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help us understand who uses our Website and to improve and market our Website.
3. What are the main consequences if you do not provide Personally Identifiable Information?
You do not have to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information to visit our Website. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to visit all sections of our Website.
4. Where and when is information collected on our website (including with cookies)?
- Registered users: To access certain parts of our Website such as the Shopping Cart, you must first complete certain steps to become registered user. During these steps, you may be required to provide us with information (including Personally Identifiable Information) such as your name, address , credit card and email address.
- Cookies: Cookies are used when the Website is accessed. Cookies are data sets that are saved by your browser and which contain pseudonymised data. Cookies are used on the Website to improve its user-friendliness and to display the website individually and in accordance with user requirements. Cookies are also used to analyse and realise marketing opportunities, such as, in particular, advertising banners. The following data is saved when cookies are used: language, region of origin and login date. You can deactivate cookies in your browser and also remove cookies that have already been set. More information is available via the Help function on your browser.
- Personal Information: Thermomix collects only personal information that you supply when registering with or otherwise contacting Thermomix. When you open a user account on our Website, the following Personally Identifiable Information will be collected – first name, surname, Thermomix model, information identifying you as an employee of Thermomix (if applicable), email address, username and password. Thermomix uses this personal information solely in accordance with the relevant Privacy Legislation, however particularly to provide the services offered on the website.
5. What is the purpose of data collection?
- In general, we use the information collected on our Website to help us understand who uses our Website and how our Website is used, to personalise your online experience and to improve our Website.
- If you become a registered user of our Website, we may use your information to send you a welcoming email that may confirm your user name and password. If you no longer desire to receive these communications, we will provide you with the option to change your preferences.
- In addition, if you identify yourself to us by sending us an email with questions or comments, we may use your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to respond to your questions or comments, and we may file your questions or comments for future reference.
- We may also use the information collected to send you important service announcements and updates regarding our Website.
- We store your e-mail address in order to:
- send a user its username and password after first registration or in the event that the password is re-requested later;
- The username entered by the user serves to identify the user in communications with other users, particularly when accessing the Shopping Cart.
- The date and time at which a user profile is created and the date and time of the last login are saved to identify inactive user profiles.
6. Is the information we collect secure?
- We want your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We strive to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers through industry-standard techniques.
- You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
7. Can you access, delete, update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information?
You can always contact us in order to:
- access your Personally Identifiable Information;
- update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information;
- change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or you can delete your user profile, as long as you are logged in with your username and password. To do so, just send an e-mail with the subject “Delete profile” to [email protected]. In this case, no personal data will be retained.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our systems. However, we will ensure that promptly after receiving your request, all Personally Identifiable Information stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will generally not delete uploaded recipes and photos, even if your membership has ended. See the Terms & Conditions for more information.
8. Revocation of consent
- You may revoke your consent to the collection, saving, use and forwarding of your personal information at any time. To do so, send an e-mail to [email protected].
- Please note where your consent is necessary for the performance of services to you under a contract, any contract or terms shall terminate and that obligation will not apply to us with immediate effect.
9. Further information
If you require any further information regarding this policy, please contact Thermomix in Australia at: [email protected].